opengl and voodoo2

Started by
3 comments, last by d_evil 22 years, 5 months ago
i''ve tested my opengl "engine" and i noticed, that on pc with riva vanta it runs in max res with linear filtering very fast, but on 2 ohter computers it usin'' software rendering - first is with s3trio+voodoo2 12mb and second with s3trio3d+same voodoo. I''ve tried to install a lot of drivers, but it does nothing. I''m using vc++ 5.0 for now, but i''m going to take vc++ 6.0. I guess, that my opengl is using default card, how to make it detect and switch better??? the better tomorrow was yesterday
-the better tomorrow was yesterday-
Advertisement
The built in openGL driver for windows is microsofts software renderer. The problem is that Windows will only support one driver and these PC''s have 2 cards.

The simplest fix is to copy the 3dfx hardware driver DLL into the same folder as your "engine" exe and rename it to opengl.dll.

I can''t remember exactly ehat the 3dfx''s version is called but you''ll find a copy in your windows folder (assuming that you''ve installed the 3dfx drivers) and it''s name is pretty obvious (IIRC). The other way is to delete the opengl.dll file that is in the windows folder and rename the dxfx one there. But be warned that the hardware driver only works for full screen and 16bit colour. This is why putting it in the folder with your program is the safest.

Kev.
-- Kev Ellis.www.ellis-online.co.uk
thx, i''ll check it, i haven''t renamed 3dfxopengl.dll to opengl.dll when i was copying it into my prog dir. i''ll be very happy if it works (btw: sorx 4 my english

the better tomorrow was yesterday
It''s called 3dfxvgl.dll, you''ll have to rename it to opengl32.dll

thx!!!
it works, i renamed 3dfxopengl.dll 2 opengl32.dll and dumped it into dir with my prog.
big thx once again!!!

d.evil

-
the better tomorrow was yesterday
-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement