VS 2013 Express Update 2

Started by
4 comments, last by Truerror 9 years, 11 months ago

Can anyone else who has this update help confirm whether the renaming function works? I tried renaming a field today, after I installed the update, and it didn't change anything, though it said it did.

First picture:

nHWIp.png

Second picture:

zquG8.png

Third picture:

NoKBT.png

As you can see, I renamed the variable's name from 'battleScreen' to 'firstLevel'. But despite the output, the name is still 'battleScreen'. Is this just me or does anyone else experience this?

Advertisement
I attempted to reproduce this just now and could not. I'm using VS2013 Express for Windows Desktop with Update 2 installed.

I tried both the OtherContextMenus.SmartTag.Rename command (the one you used in your screenshot) and the Refactor.Rename command (Ctrl+R+R or right-click -> refactor -> rename) and both worked.

Is your file read-only? Does it have any lingering compile errors? Is your project using source control? Are you currently debugging the program? Are you currently editing a file which is not actually part of your project?

Answer is 'no' to almost all your qustions, except for the source control. I'm using Git from Visual Studio Online, with the integrated Team Explorer. Though to be honest, I doubt that's the cause, since I've used it way before the update, and it worked.

I don't know what it could be, then :( At this point I would probably reinstall VS and see if that helps...

Close VS, delete the solutions .sdf file (SQL Server Compact Edition Database File), and relaunch you're project. VS is prone to loosing information from it's database file.

Turns out I'm not the only one.

I voted the bug up, but not sure if they'll address it. Thanks for your replies though. smile.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement