• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
moeen k

Unity how to find specefic platforms sdk like p34 and xone?

This topic is 1661 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi. i want to know how can i find new platform like ps4 and xone api,s that i can work with sticks buttons and...... . i heard those are not free in internet and they are just given to known studios but if it is true how indie games will be dveloped for them. these platforms are not in indie version of udk ue4 and unity. so how should i work for these platforms? more questions is aboud directx that now is a part of winsdk. can i find x360 and xone sdk in it or its apart? and what about psgl what is the diffrences between it and opengl and can i find it? is ps sdk in it or not?

Edited by moeen k

Advertisement

is it free to register or you have to pay for it? is it impossible to find it from indirect sites? can you give me some links? and i dont know what you mean registered, because there is no option for it in ue4 i think you mean registeredas licensee developer. i think you have to pay 1.5 million dollar for it

it's free to register but you need to register a company and the SDK can cost up to 2000 dollars/euro.

btw i think you also need a financial report of your company to apply for it.

HyperV

your answer was cool hodgman. i posted a topic in unrealengine forums and they say that if i get devkits from sony and microsoft and if i start talking to epicgames they will give me the codes for these consoles for free. maybe i built my game on pc and in the end i could convince them to give me devkits and i started porting it on those consoles.

Okay so I've heard PS4 dev kits cost around $2500, Wii U dev kits cost around $3000, and the XBox One retail console, which is substantially cheaper, can double as a dev kit.

Also, let's just say I know a couple people who are indie, one with a very good game, and they had to still pay for dev kits. It just seems like the big studios are getting them for free, that the console companies want to encourage to make games... not some indie. Could be wrong though.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!