• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Malware attack from www.3dm3.com

This topic is 1331 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

For what it's worth: I received a notification that my Norton protection had blocked an attack by Malvertisement Website Redirect by the titled website.

EDIT: Per comments below, full info reported by Norton. Originally I opened a link in a gamdev post regarding model file locations. However, the info below was a direct URL entry in a new (FireFox) tab as indicated.

[attachment=21690:malware_attack.png]

Edited by Buckeye

Advertisement

I have MalwareBytes Premium trial installed, there's nothing fishy going on as far as I can tell.

Without much evidences, I can't specify or assert anything information wise.

Edited by tom_mai78101

Are you saying that while browsing www.gamedev.net, you got notifications that your computer was being attacked? If so, which page (URL) was it on? It might be useful to save the HTML source of the page if this occurs again.

Are you saying that while browsing www.gamedev.net,...

I was browsing a post on gamedev which linked the titled site. I opened the link in a new tab and got the notification. I did not get the notification when on the gamedev page.

Apologies. I should've originally provided more information. Please see my edited post above.

Where did you find the link to that site?

Did a site search for the URL to find it again - but here. FYI, the URL appears in several posts on gamedev. Didn't check each one to see if it's just the text URL given or an actual link.

Edited by Buckeye

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement