How to get started learning Unity?

Started by
12 comments, last by EEletri 9 years, 5 months ago

I'm pretty okay with lkingnight.

Tutorial on unity learn are really great.

If you want to create 2d game, I specially recommend you download, try and watch the code of "Unity Projects: 2D Platformer".

With Unity, you only have to understand some concepts (like components, gameobject, prefab, ...) and you can do anything you want.

Did I help you ? You can help me too by downloading and rating my new unity game for android : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lxprl.bumpyball It's free and can help me a lot. But if you don't want to, no problem. A "thank you" is enough. :)

Advertisement

Hello,

I recently tried gamemaker studio and I was able to make a 2d game on it. I was a complete novice to game making meaning no coding experience, no art experience, no nothing. It is rather easy to use if i was able to figure out and make a casual game. Thus, I support the suggestion to try gamemaker studio, you can get a free version off steam that will allow only 5 objects but can give you a sneak peak.

I am currently attempting to learn Unity now . . . the best tutorials for unity are the ones that are made for your brain. How do you know which ones are made for your brain? Keep googling them till you find one that works, the official unity website is excellent though.

Thanks. Sincerely,

Cryomatrix

But for programmers working alone who want to learn to program, Unity almost does too much for you.

Very true and nicely said frob. If you're goal is to learn to program, I too recommend messing directly with C# before jumping into Unity because it will spoil you. :) It reminds me of learning the fundamental theorem of calculus before learning about the Power Rule.

- Eck

EckTech Games - Games and Unity Assets I'm working on
Still Flying - My GameDev journal
The Shilwulf Dynasty - Campaign notes for my Rogue Trader RPG

Hey, guys, this topic is a bit old, no ?

I think the O.P already got the answer.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

Blog: exchargedeeletri.wordpress.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement