• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Prune

Can I bind different ranges of the same buffer object to different binding points?

This topic is 1487 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Specifically, can I glBindBufferRange() a portion of a buffer object to GL_DRAW_INDIRECT_BUFFER and another to GL_PARAMETER_BUFFER_ARB? It's kind of lame to have a whole separate buffer for the latter, given it's such a tiny buffer.

Advertisement

Hmm the documentation for glBindBufferRange() states that the target must be GL_TRANSFORM_FEEDBACK_BUFFER or GL_UNIFORM_BUFFER. And in ARB_draw_indirect I see in the revision history "Remove BindBufferRange/Base from commands for which DRAW_INDIRECT_BUFFER is a valid target". So I guess not.

Ohhh, I'm sorry, I totally didn't read your post. I thought you meant binding buffers to different binding points, not changing their targets.

You can bind parts of a big buffer to different uniform block binding points (ie, bind 0..256 to block in binding 1, bind 256...512 to block in binding 2, etc), that's what I meant.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!