• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which compiler

This topic is 6014 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Dont really matter as far asd I can tell. compilers these days are so good at optimizing for you that one could never really be that much better for you. It''s really just a matter of which ones have the plugins youd like and which one has an interface youd like.

Personnaly I use VC++6.0 Pro. but only cause I found it on ebay for $35, and how can you argue with that?!

~Vendayan

I find VC++ 6.0 very good. I was using the free one, DEV-C++ (at bloodshed.net) before changing to VC++.

"I envy you, who has seen it all"
"And I, young sir, envy you, who have yet to see it for the first time..."
- Daniel Glenfield
1st October 2001

I tried Codewarrior since it was largely used for game dev i heard, but i re-switeched to VS6. Msft is evil but hell VC++ is a very good product !

the reason why i didnt liked codewarrior was that mainly i coudnt make the statement completion work, if there were one, and it helps me alot this feature =)

May the code be with us !

For commercially released Windows games, Visual C++ is the compiler of choice. This is simply because it is the best tool for the job with all libraries such as DirectX and others written for Visual C++ (and usually ported to other compilers later) and with its seamless SourceSafe integration. But this does come at a price.

Borland''s C++ 5.5 compiler is available for free. It produces code that is just as good as Visual C++''s. You can also get DirectX import libs for it.

Steve ''Sly'' Williams  Monkey Wrangler  Krome Studios

• Advertisement