Pixel pig title screen

Started by
6 comments, last by KeithGarry_132794 9 years, 10 months ago
So I'm working on the title screen for pixel pig and I'd like some feedback. It isn't based on anything in particular. It's running on windows and built using obj C.

Ideas? Critiques?
Advertisement

It looks great, but it is reminiscent of Super Mario Bros 3 or Super Mario World to me. I loved them, and watching that short intro makes me look forward to your game when you finish it.

That blue-screen crash at the end was hilarious.

It isn't based on anything in particular.

Are you sure...?

SMW-RDL_Title.JPG\

Your title and title screen make it look as though you are making a Mario clone, and I'm not sure if that's what you were going for. There are too many similarities for it to not be based on Mario, after all ("Super Pixel Pig" to "Super Mario World", the multicolored text, the border, etc.) I would change the color scheme of the text, the name of the game (why not call it "Pixel Pig"), and remove the border. I might even change the font as well. I wish you luck with your game!

It definitely looks like super mario world, especially with the white text on black screen with dashes framing the company name. That's the - Nintendo - Presents screen. All you need is the mario coin sound effect!!!

I think you can get away with two of the following four items:

-Title lettering

-Presents screen

-Copyright notice placement

-Border

-Game running in background

If I would change anything, it would be the first screen from the video, the title lettering, and the copyright notice.

Thanks for the critiques folks!

So since some of you seem to think it's based on a Mario game, I've completely overhauled the title screen so that it is 100% orginal. Hopefully this one is a little bit better.

It is clear that your intention is parodying or paying an homage to a classic game. Especially because you seem to know what you're doing: you've put too much effort for it to be otherwise.

So I say, it's looking good, go for it. I think it has the potential to be a very funny game since you proved that you can deliver; I wonder what you'll have as the first boss.

sega11.jpg1084009_sonic_the_hedgehog_2.jpg26848_sonic_the_hedgehog_genesis_screens

I am dying of laughter. Thanks, technos.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement