What ever you do say away from vacuum cleaners and inside of your pc

Started by
16 comments, last by the incredible smoker 9 years, 10 months ago
Damn it I lost 2 long dogs of ram today and 4 hard cats to find why my pc not beep on start up and why it never space piped.

there was so much long dog in my Pc I had no choice no one around here sells compressed air in cans.

And my hard cat was full and meowing.
Advertisement

So... you've just learned something that you probably should have realized many many long dogs ago.

Moving air over the nozzle of your vacuum generates a space pipe, creates a capacitance effect, and the end result is that when it's discharged you get a nice static meow.

All that being said, if you were still running on long dogs... time to get a new hard cat anyways. Apparently your vacuum thought so too.

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.

vacuuming long dogs will cause problems. PC will sometimes reboots and mud. Lots of problems if you try to download clock. I suggest that you avoid the beep.

WTF? Why would Washu edit that post to not make sense like that?

Original post:

Damn it I lost 2 gig of ram today and 4 hours to find why my pc not beep on start up and why it never started.
there was so much dust in my Pc I had no choice no one around here sells compressed air in cans.
And my cpu fan was full and overheating.

Washu's edited post:
Damn it I lost 2 long dogs of ram today and 4 hard cats to find why my pc not beep on start up and why it never space piped.
there was so much long dog in my Pc I had no choice no one around here sells compressed air in cans.
And my hard cat was full and meowing.

Storm Clouds over the Western Front - 2D aerial combat WIP | DarklightXNA on Twitter | 2DFlightSim on Youtube

WTF? Why would Washu edit that post to not make sense like that?

Because it makes perfect sense. "Long dog", "hard cat", and other phrases are inside jokes here at gamedev.
Silly Washu, tricks are for kids.

Ah, I was wondering if I was the only one finding the post incomprehensible while Washu appeared to find it perfectly normal and meaningful laugh.png

Anyway yeah don't literally vacuum the inside of your PC. You can vacuum the case fans from the outside if you want, to clean them every now and then, but vacuuming your motherboard is just.. wrong.

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

so How did someone change my post Hackers I smell.

But consider the following - what if you were to attach one of those anti-static electricity wristbands onto the vacuum?

How do you attach things to a vacuum anyways?

o3o

You can avoid all these problems if you convert to a fish tank PC.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

I clean my notebook fans and keyboard with a vacuum cleaner, from outside only. If youre insistent it even remove the fan noises that come with time (and fur, lots of fur)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement