Sign in to follow this  
dawoodr

Including DirectX libraries

dawoodr    391

Hello!

Well, as the title states, can somebody please help me to include the directx libraries into a win32 application please?

I can´t get it to work, I have been trying for quite some time now but I am still unsuccessful with my attempts.

I have Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate so I guess I don´t need to install anything extra like SDKs or something like that, right?

Regards!

Alessio1989    4634

With Visual Studio 2013 the DirectX SDK is included in the Windows SDK: you inly need to include the proper headers and link the proper libraries (like d3d11.lib and d3dcompiler.lib) in the projects proprieties (Configuration Proprieties -> Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies if you are making an exe or a dll, Configuration Proprieties -> Librarian->General->Additional Dependencies if you are making a static library). Remember that the project proprieties are individual for each project configuration and platform.

mhagain    13430

Linking to the DirectX headers and libraries is no different to linking to any other with VS 2013, for example the Windows headers and libraries.  Can you elaborate a little on what you've tried and what specific problems you had?