Including DirectX libraries

Started by
4 comments, last by dawoodr 9 years, 10 months ago

Hello!

Well, as the title states, can somebody please help me to include the directx libraries into a win32 application please?

I can´t get it to work, I have been trying for quite some time now but I am still unsuccessful with my attempts.

I have Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate so I guess I don´t need to install anything extra like SDKs or something like that, right?

Regards!

Advertisement

With Visual Studio 2013 the DirectX SDK is included in the Windows SDK: you inly need to include the proper headers and link the proper libraries (like d3d11.lib and d3dcompiler.lib) in the projects proprieties (Configuration Proprieties -> Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies if you are making an exe or a dll, Configuration Proprieties -> Librarian->General->Additional Dependencies if you are making a static library). Remember that the project proprieties are individual for each project configuration and platform.

"Recursion is the first step towards madness." - "Skegg?ld, Skálm?ld, Skildir ro Klofnir!"
Direct3D 12 quick reference: https://github.com/alessiot89/D3D12QuickRef/

Linking to the DirectX headers and libraries is no different to linking to any other with VS 2013, for example the Windows headers and libraries. Can you elaborate a little on what you've tried and what specific problems you had?

Direct3D has need of instancing, but we do not. We have plenty of glVertexAttrib calls.

Use #pragma comment(lib,"lib_name")? Another way is to add the libraries in the linker options.

Hi!

XAudio 2.8 is a module available only on Windows 8 and newer.

Lininkg against it will exclude Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Thank you for the answers guys, they helped to clarify a few things.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement