unresolved external symbol problem

Started by
31 comments, last by _WeirdCat_ 9 years, 10 months ago

Did you compile it successfully? cause i removed glew32s.lib and put the glew32.lib in Linker > Input > Dependencies and i face the same error as before.

Advertisement

No, I haven't even tried to compile it as I have neither GLUT nor GLEW libraries on my computer. You might want to add the path to the glew32 lib unter "Linker\General\Additional Libary Directories". Forgot to mention that one in my last post.

i did it. didn't change :(

in header add:
PFNGLMULTIDRAWELEMENTSPROC glMultiDrawElements; //name it whatever you want

and in cpp file: you need to initalize it

Its more than 10000 Lines biggrin.png where should i add it?

Another thing that I noticed when I opened the project file in Notepad++. It seems like you have copied GLEW (at least the glew.h) into Visual Studio installation directory. I strongly recommend you to not copy any file into these folders, they are meant for Microsoft's C++ implementation. Put your files into some other folder (C:\Programming Stuff\... or so) or, if we're talking about small libraries like GLEW even inside your project folder.

Are you sure that the paths you entered are correct? You might want to upload the updated project (after you moved GLEW out of the VS directory :)) again.

I deleted all thing related to openGl from VC directory and put it in an external folder and i linked to them. Didnt change . :( what is the problem?

http://uploadboy.com/6bppjiz6kpx2.html

1. You still have "glew32.lib" listed under "C/C++ > General > Additional Include Directories". This field is not meant for libraries or even files. In there you put, directories (not files!) where the compiler should look for files to #include in addition to the default ones (i.e. the place where Microsoft C++ implementation is and the folder of your own code).

2. Under "Linker > General > Additional Library Directories" you have also listed "glew32.lib". Again, this field is not for files. In there you put the directories (not files!) where the linker should look for the libraries (which you specify under "Linker > Input > Additional Dependencies").

So, if you remove the entry from "C/C++ > General > Additional Include Directories" and change the one in "Linker > General > Additional Library Directories" to the path to your glew32.lib (without filename) it should work.

i changed my IDE to VS 2012 and did everething you said (same error) :

(VS 2012)

Additional Library Directories :

D:\OpenGl-Files\Files\lib;%(AdditionalLibraryDirectories)

Additional Dependencies :

kernel32.lib;user32.lib;gdi32.lib;winspool.lib;comdlg32.lib;advapi32.lib;shell32.lib;ole32.lib;oleaut32.lib;uuid.lib;odbc32.lib;odbccp32.lib;glew32.lib;%(AdditionalDependencies)

i replaced glew X64 lib files with win32 glew lib files and i got an error : 0xc0000007b (something like this i'm not sure about 0s biggrin.png) i searched and i gained it has something to do with X64 and X32 i don't know why. my system is x64 how can i fix the problem ?

other errors biggrin.png :

'test.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'test.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'test.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

the exact error(this error is in a message box after building program) :

the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000007b).
That suggests linking works fine now and you are just stuck with runtime errors. Have you verified that glewInit is called at the correct time and succeeds? Have you verified that the functionality you want to use is actually provided by your driver?

Also, you should learn enough about debugging an application to find the line where this error happens.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement