Feed back on first track

Started by
6 comments, last by Sean O'Donoghoe 9 years, 10 months ago

G'day everyone,

I was playing around for a bit and ended up with this. Going for an ambient kind of track that would be played at a lower kind of volume during gameplay.

I don't have any kind of background in music production or music dynamics within games.

Not quite sure if this is any good so that's why I'm here!

Constructive criticism is very welcome.

[attachment=21941:ambienthorror.mp3]

Thanks, Sean :)

Advertisement

Why not? If the game aiming for such concrete music mood it can work. It probably need to tame a bit the louder parts but otherwise it is ok.

♫♪♩♫ sound effects ♦ music ♦ for games ♫♪♩♫

tame a bit the louder parts

Yeah, I definitely could have polished it up a bit and brought down those loud parts and I'll work on that.

Thanks!

I don't say it is bad definitely. You just need to check it with all surrounding sounds in the game.

♫♪♩♫ sound effects ♦ music ♦ for games ♫♪♩♫

Very good. The loud guitar pluck could be a sudden percussion sound instead. You achieved a very uneasy feeling that reminds me a bit of the 28 Days Later scene where Jim escapes:

It's hard to describe the feeling, exactly. It's alien, but not entirely hostile. A ghostly neutral presence maybe? Nice work.

Wow, thank you!

Will definitely continue work on it and will add other instruments apart from that guitar.

I'm really glad it gave you that kind of feeling. Exactly the kind of thing I was aiming at.

Neato! I like it! :)

If I may ask, how would it sound with a sub bass line beneath it? Also, how about some crisp and high descending piano arpeggios? Personally I think it'd really add to the atmosphere, but it's not an essential edition~

Well done all in all, however. :D

Like a quiet drone beneath it? I'll take a look at that.

Though the thing is with sub bass, it can't be heard on smaller sound systems i.e: cheap headphones, laptop/desktop speakers

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement