Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dkgamez

error installing directx sdk

Hi everyone. I''m having a problem trying to install DirectX 8.0a SDK. I just got the book, trick of the windows game programming gurus and tried to install the directx 6.0 sdk from the CD that was supplied. The installation didn''t work because it said there was an error and could not continue, that happened during the installion. So I went to microsoft.com and downloaded the 140mb file and tried to install it. When i doubled clicked on the file, it opened up a Dos window and it had the words "C:\Windows\HIMEM.SYS Program too big to fit in memory" I then tried to download the smaller 55mb file and I receieve the same error. I''m running windows 2000 on a toshiba tecra 8100 with 256mb Ram. I can''t seem to figure out what the problem is coming from. I''d appreciate some help, thanks.

okay. I also tried this on another computer with the same file that i downloaded and i get the same error. I''m going to try and redownload the file again when i get a chance to see if the problem is still present.