One year project... blood, sweat and tears, but I made it.

Started by
16 comments, last by Hedeic 9 years, 10 months ago

I'm impressed. Graphics are looking awesome. Really.

Thanks! It's really awesome to get feedback on this :). The game's already buried in the depths of appstore so it's pretty hard to get any reviews anymore.
Advertisement
That was starting to get addicting. Haha. Great game. I wish you had made an iPad version. My friends daughter would like this one.

They call me the Tutorial Doctor.

Thanks, man! :D Actually it's universal, so it's available for all ipads too :).

Doh! I typed in bubble treasure the other day. Haha.

I have it now. I really appreciate the fact that you don't have all of those annoying ads all over the place. Those angry birds apps are ridiculous.

Doh! I typed in bubble treasure the other day. Haha.

I have it now. I really appreciate the fact that you don't have all of those annoying ads all over the place. Those angry birds apps are ridiculous.

Cool! smile.png Yeah, hate those ads too and if there would be ads in this game, they would be shown only when the curtains come down. I hate especially those click-by-accident ads. At the moment I'm just trying to gather players for my game for now. The idea was to add buyable content for this later on if there would be lots of players, like the two other spectacles in the main menu and coins to buy special bubbles etc.

Yeah. I like how you have the shop button too. You could totally do ads the way you say, when the curtain comes down (of course you want to make money from your hard work).

If I may, I would like to make a suggestion about buyable content:

People consider me frugal, but if I see something worth buying, I will buy it. So as far as game content goes, I really can't do it, but in the event it was a productivity app, I might do it.

If done right, the whole buying aspect in games could do well for you, but usually when it is done too well, it becomes more like a gambling habit for many.

I still haven't found a way to give a good incentive for people to buy content in my game that actually benefits them. It's sorta like the game mechanic of Risk and Reward. People want to really benefit from their purchases, and don't like feeling their purchase was a rip-off or a waste.

Other than in-game ads (in that curtain menu) you could focus on making money on other advertising agents.

You could take a character from your game and make a funny t-shirt, and wear it in public, or a cool poster or something using your game art. I think Angry Birds was smart to branch into these other types of mediums to push their franchise.

I advertise several products this way actually, products that I myself don't benefit from advertising. People come up to me and say, "Cool, what is that?" I tell them the name and where they can buy it.

Other than in-game ads (in that curtain menu) you could focus on making money on other advertising agents.

You could take a character from your game and make a funny t-shirt, and wear it in public, or a cool poster or something using your game art. I think Angry Birds was smart to branch into these other types of mediums to push their franchise.

I advertise several products this way actually, products that I myself don't benefit from advertising. People come up to me and say, "Cool, what is that?" I tell them the name and where they can buy it.

Actually I was planning this kinda advertising at some point but for some reason never got around to implement it :D. But yeah, I agree, this kinda advertising would make people curious about what the picture is all about and would probably make them reach for their cellphone to download and check it. I think making people curious makes them reach for their wallet too :). And now that you mentioned it, I actually have some ideas on the t-shirt pictures already :D.

And what comes to the buy in apps content, I've read somewhere that it doesn't really make much revenue anymore. Only the ads seem to bring the bread to the table so to speak and probably that's why we are seeing a lot of advertisements these days. But that's just one or two articles from the depths of the internet that have ended up with that conclusion which I just happened to read.

Added a new trailer of this game to youtube, this time with my own music:

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement