whats this? javscript/ga

Started by
27 comments, last by jpetrie 9 years, 10 months ago

trying to research it myself is not my methodology today - sometimes it is more effective to talk with somebody ho knows

Well, typically you have to pay money if you want someone to walk you through everything. If you want free help from the Internet, you'll run out of volunteers quickly unless you demonstrate you've made some attempt to do your own research.

that - and im looking for such place here [there are some reasons for that, (if you just call me lazy you may miss some point, though its to long to explain ) ]

There is lots of brilliant information that someone already went to great lengths to create just waiting for you to find it. I've no problem if you cannot find such information after making an honest search (provided you mention the kind of searches that weren't fruitful), or if you cannot understand the information when you do find it (provided it is clear which parts you're having trouble with).

However, being unwilling to do some basic research first is lazy. It wastes not only the time of the people who've already written about these subjects, but also people on these forums (or elsewhere) reproducing such information.

as to script tags, they say that they are executed sequentially what if there is a game in the first which has a loop so it do not ends, then the second is never called?

What have you tried?
Advertisement

trying to research it myself is not my methodology today - sometimes it is more effective to talk with somebody ho knows

Well, typically you have to pay money if you want someone to walk you through everything. If you want free help from the Internet, you'll run out of volunteers quickly unless you demonstrate you've made some attempt to do your own research.

that - and im looking for such place here [there are some reasons for that, (if you just call me lazy you may miss some point, though its to long to explain ) ]

There is lots of brilliant information that someone already went to great lengths to create just waiting for you to find it. I've no problem if you cannot find such information after making an honest search (provided you mention the kind of searches that weren't fruitful), or if you cannot understand the information when you do find it (provided it is clear which parts you're having trouble with).

However, being unwilling to do some basic research first is lazy. It wastes not only the time of the people who've already written about these subjects, but also people on these forums (or elsewhere) reproducing such information.

as to script tags, they say that they are executed sequentially what if there is a game in the first which has a loop so it do not ends, then the second is never called?

What have you tried?

i disagree imo you see it wrong,

1. First youre too pesymistic as to this volounteers I have made some talks when people just talked with me and didnt want me to pay me to them (that would be a bit awfull), i also provided help with them - (providing help is not just waste of time if you think so at leas not for me it helped me to clarify the things too, )

2. i know tahat there are tons of materials waiting for me, I can learn it quite easily though It is a last resort for me becouse I just prefer a talk way and cannos spend much time this time on it

maybe someone should write a paper "why not to do private research first" (but talk to fellows, this is quite obvious - IMO this attitude to send asker to a google is not so much logically right as this is often presented - so i just disagree wuth this argumentation

I'll take that as a "no, I haven't tried anything".

As someone who has put much time into volunteering to help many people on these forums and elsewhere, I believe my opinion is more informed than yours on this matter. However, this is derailing the thread, so I'll speak no more about it.

yet as to my questions: in thic code link i provided there is many sentences like this. (many thises).

like here

function Controls() {
this.codes = { 37: 'left', 39: 'right', 38: 'forward', 40: 'backward' };
this.states = { 'left': false, 'right': false, 'forward': false, 'backward': false };

}

and many other thises

What is this this adreessee/receiver? is this canvas or are they refering to different objects here, what it is?

what is

Controls.prototype.onTouch = function(e) {

does this mean tat this function is a method of some object called controls? and this in this method refers to controlls?

that would be helpfull, tnx

I'll take that as a "no, I haven't tried anything".

As someone who has put much time into volunteering to help many people on these forums and elsewhere, I believe my opinion is more informed than yours on this matter. However, this is derailing the thread, so I'll speak no more about it.

not a problem :)

fir, you should probably first learn the basics of javascript before diving into canvas stuff etc. As a seasoned js coder I can assure you that you will have many more WTF moments in the future.

Most of the stuff you have asked here will be covered in any javascript tutorial online.

* Quirks of the *this* pointer

* event handlers

* regular expressions

etc etc.

fir, you should probably first learn the basics of javascript before diving into canvas stuff etc. As a seasoned js coder I can assure you that you will have many more WTF moments in the future.

Most of the stuff you have asked here will be covered in any javascript tutorial online.

* Quirks of the *this* pointer

* event handlers

* regular expressions

etc etc.

Im reading it but it goes slowly, answers could speed up the thing a bit

ps. but if you want you can give me some links to such tutorials i will sweep them then

so, anyone?

Do not bump your posts so soon after your last one, wait at least 24h between posts to give people a chance to reply.

Do not bump your posts so soon after your last one, wait at least 24h between posts to give people a chance to reply.

alright, i wanted to say that this questions are still open , If some provide answers i can give maybe two or three yet more on this topic

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement