• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Colombian

Vertex arrays

This topic is 6071 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am trying to implement vertex arrays. and I have a little problem. I got everything in thier respective array. Vtx , TexCoords, and Normals But The indices for the textures coordinates are different from the Vtx indices. So in my simple call to: glDrawElements(GL_TRIANGLES,It->mModel->mObjectList[0].mNumFaces * 3,GL_UNSIGNED_INT,It->mModel->mObjectList[0].mAllVtxIndices); it calls it with the wrong indices for the texcoord array. I have tried Disabling and enabling the arrays indepently and calling them with different set of indicies but it does not work //Here is that code glVertexPointer(3,GL_FLOAT,0,It->mWorldVtxList); glTexCoordPointer(3,GL_FLOAT,0,It->mModel- >mObjectList[0].mTexVtx); glDisableClientState(GL_VERTEX_ARRAY); glDrawElements(GL_TRIANGLES,It->mModel->mObjectList[0].mNumFaces * 3,GL_UNSIGNED_INT,It->mModel->mObjectList[0].mAllVtxIndices); glEnableClientState(GL_VERTEX_ARRAY); glDisableClientState(GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY); glDrawElements(GL_TRIANGLES,It->mModel->mObjectList[0].mNumFaces * 3,GL_UNSIGNED_INT,It->mModel->mObjectList[0].mAllTexIndices); So here its my question, Is there any way to call glDrawElements when with two different set of indices , one for vtx and one for textcoords, and make it work fine? The texturesCoordinates and Vtxs Im reading from a .ASE file , so there is not much that I can do about their order? OK, Please help ? this has been bugging for quite some time now. Thanks in advance to all the replies.

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by Colombian
So here its my question, Is there any way to call glDrawElements when with two different set of indices , one for vtx and one for textcoords, and make it work fine?

No.

You will have to reorder the tex-coords/vectors/etc so that you only need one set of indices. For example if three faces share a vertex, but they have different tex-coords, then you will have to create three instances of that vertex, each containing tex-coords for the appropriate face.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!