Rigging Bones + Animation [PROBLEM]

Started by
2 comments, last by Twisttid 9 years, 10 months ago

Would I be able to create a detailed model inside of ZBrush and have it divided into different parts and then rig that and animate it inside another program and then import it all into Unity so it works well with ragdolls and animates such a walking etc.? What programs could I use to do this and how can I do it?

If anyone can put together a video than it'd be very appreciated! Although if you make a tutorial make sure it's got commentary and it's put together well and it's understandable.

I don't want to consider this is possible and then find that it's not do-able, I would appreciate if someone could confirm it's possibility.

Advertisement

ZBrush will give you a very high poly mesh with crappy topology. Usually, artists would move such mesh to another editor and do 'retopology', to obtain a lower poly mesh with nicer vertex loops, etc. and then bake normals from the high poly one.

The problem with ZBrush mesh is of course too high polycount, but also it won't deform very well when animated.

Search for 'retopo' and maybe ask at polycount.com, those guys know a lot about modelling.

Okay, thanks!

To add onto this, what exactly would be the process of doing this exactly? Could you put into steps what you would do from ZBrushing, Retopology (or whatever you'd call it), Rigging and finally animating.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement