Bell's theorem: simulating spooky action at distance of Quantum Mechanics

Started by
42 comments, last by jbadams 9 years, 10 months ago

I see, but how to get 42% out of that, the "correct" answer?

You tell me, what's the logic behind this step below?
What does result = matches - mismatches mean?

match= 71
mismatch= 29
num_data= 100
Result: (71-29)/(100/100) = 42%

Inserting the numbers from the probability above, that gives result = 40.96%... but what is result?

Advertisement

You're obviously misinterpreting Bell's theorem, because it's obvious you can write a program that approximates any probability distribution (and I don't know anything about quantum mechanics, but even that is clear to me). You do sound like a crank, though, especially reading through that physicsforums thread, so I'll pass.

You are forgetting that if they thought it's just some "normal" probability function, they wouldn't be saying photon pairs are entangled with some mysterios bond and are communicating faster than ligh. They would not call it "spooky", they would not be proving their theories and "non-locality" with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_nonlocality

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_hidden_variable_theory

Rigorously, quantum nonlocality refers to QM predictions of many-system measurement correlations that cannot be simulated by any classical physics.

I see, but how to get 42% out of that, the "correct" answer?

You tell me, what's the logic behind this step below?
What does result = matches - mismatches mean?

match= 71
mismatch= 29
num_data= 100
Result: (71-29)/(100/100) = 42%

Inserting the numbers from the probability above, that gives result = 40.96%... but what is result?

Uh, I missed that, somehow. So, if that is so simple, what about it could possibly posses QM white-coats to interpret those results as a proof of non-locality and spooky action at distance?

What does result = matches - mismatches mean anyway?

We are asking the same question. They call it "correlation", but it can be inverted so that 30% correlation is the same thing as what they sometimes call 70% discordance. Apperantly it is discribing some instantenous magical entanglement between pothon pairs regardless of distnace. You do something to one photon in Amsterdam, and its twin brother photon in Tokyo instantly does soemthing in response. How is that number supposed to contain or represent such information is beyond me. I wish we could unswer that question here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_nonlocality

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_hidden_variable_theory

- "Imagine two experimentalists, Alice and Bob, situated in separate laboratories. They conduct a simple experiment in which Alice chooses and pushes one of two buttons, A0 and A1, on her apparatus, and Bob observes on his apparatus one of two indicating lamps, b0 and b1, lighting. In this case there are four possible events that could occur in the experiment: (A0,b0), (A0,b1), (A1,b0) and (A1,b1). Suppose that after many runs of the experiment, only the events (A0,b0) and (A1,b1) occur; this is good evidence that A has an influence on b."

Here is how the experiment goes:

Bell_theorem_700w.jpg

N= number of discordance (mismatches)

N(+30°, -30°) ? N(+30°, 0°) + N(0°, -30°) <- "Bell's inequality"

25%+25% = 50% ??

But, according to QM and physical experiments we will now get 75% discordance!

25%+25% = 75% !!

QM prediction: sin^2(60º) = 75%

------------------ END -------------------

Apperantly only that last "discordance" of 75% is "paranormal", for some reason.

The mistake they are making must be this assumption: 25%+25% = 50%

Those percentages simply don't add up like that.

i think simulating a photon would be much more reailable than this pseudo code of yours/

i think simulating a photon would be much more reailable than this pseudo code of yours/

All the known variables are taken into equation exactly replicating experimental setup as well as the results. What is more reliable and correct than already correct and reliable result? How do you "simulate" a photon, what is it you are actually suggesting?

edit: my spell-checker doesn't work on this form.

If we then classify Match is NN or YY, and Nonmatch is NY or YN, we get
* Chance of Match = NN+YY = 0.822 + 0.182 = 0.6724 + 0.0324 = 0.7048 = 70.48%
* Chance of Nonmatch = NY+YN = 0.82*0.18 + 0.18*0.82 = 0.1476 + 0.1476 = 0.2952 = 29.52%
Total of still above = 0.7048 + 0.2952 = 1.0 (still making sure we've covered all possibilities)

I added your equation to my algorithm, like this:

// Hodgman's exact probabilty equation
    float T= cos(REL_P1)*cos(REL_P1);
    float F= 1.0 - T;

float MCH= (T*T)+(F*F);
    float MSM= (T*F)+(F*T);
    printf("\n\n>>> EXACT RESULT: %.2f%%", (MCH-MSM)*100);

Hope you don't mind, we'll share Nobel Price money for debunking QM's paranormal mysteries. Thanks!

Marge:
- Homer, is this the way you pictured married life?

Homer:
- Yeah, pretty much. Except we drove around in a van solving mysteries.

Is it apparent the OP here has absolutely no idea of quantum mechanics what-so-ever. I'm very much unsurprised that people on physics forums ignored your arguments Humbleteleskop!

I suggest you read up on quantum field theory until you realize how wrong you were, and only then start thinking of ideas of how to disprove quantum entanglement (which will be tough, as it's theoretically and experimentally well established). A good start might be to follow these lectures on QM:

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement