Need help with dx8 sdk example

Started by
4 comments, last by ManaStone 22 years, 5 months ago
I just started on d3d and dx8. And on the initialization tutorial the createdevice.dsw file will work, but when I build a workstation of my own and use the exact same code it won''t work. I get an error saying: fatal error c1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header directive The only thing I did different from the original is put basetsh.h, d3d8caps.h, d3d8types.h, d3dx8.h in the Header Files folder instead of the External Dependencies. I tried adding them in the External Dependencies folder, but it won''t let me do that. How do I fix this?
-----------------------------Download my real time 3D RPG.
Advertisement
You made a project with pre-compiled headers

Add
#include "StdAfx.h"
to the top of the .cpp files and it''ll compile
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Thanks.
-----------------------------Download my real time 3D RPG.
No don''t do that...i''m not at my windows computer, so I can''t remember the exact details. But if you have visual c++ then goto something like project->settings then to c++ tab and click on the down tab and select pre-compiled headers. This will pop up a window to where you select "don''t use precompiled headers".

Pretty much just play around and you''ll find it.

Pactuul
-Pac "The thing I like about friends in my classes is that they can't access my private members directly." "When listening to some one tell about their problem (whether it's code or not), don't listen to what went right or wrong, but what they assumed....."
quote:Original post by Pactuul
...select "don''t use precompiled headers".

I take it you have something against PCHs? This isn''t the first time I''ve seen you give that advice.

I wanna work for Microsoft!
I''ll try to not sound arguementive, or mean, or whatever, because that''s the impression I get from Oluseyi.

I have nothing against pre-compiled headers, in reality I do use them extensionily in my apps. I don''t see where in my post or in any of my other posts where I gave the "advice" or indication that I dislike those things...

I was just telling him how to disable, since he really doesn''t need it in this case, and he sound like he was still a little new to this stuff.

So I apoligize if for some reason I sounded like that.

Pactuul
-Pac "The thing I like about friends in my classes is that they can't access my private members directly." "When listening to some one tell about their problem (whether it's code or not), don't listen to what went right or wrong, but what they assumed....."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement