Has this been done???

Started by
26 comments, last by TechnoHydra 22 years, 5 months ago
I think a gamestory centered around vampires could work.
The only thing in my oppinion that you should watch out for is that fact that some things will have to touch the common ideas and myths around vampires.
As long as people see some things as how they have been hearing them, then introducing other variants and things won''t be to hard.
I think a lot of folk would find it hard to play a vegi vamp

Also I would stay clear of the clan, cell, what ever idea.
It would be better to have like a messed up world where for example each town has it''s vamp society, driven together by perhaps the human populace... Or something like that.

I would however remain with the idea that there are higher members in an organization who in turn are more powerfull. Be it physically or by the use of some powers, etc.

As for ghouls..
I think this is pretty open to interpertation. Some myths place them as servents to vamps, made by their masters, while others just use them as underworld figures praying on the dead and living alike. Much like a zombie for that matter.

just my 2 cents
well good luck to ya
Advertisement
Actually, if you are just creating a world for which to have stories come out of, you might still want to create some characters to act as historical markers or something. For example, the name of the scientists who made the vampire virus, what their goals were, maybe their familys who alienated them into wanting to make a deathplauge. Stuff like that, so the stories can have characters that have some sort of relation back to the characters that started the whole mess.

:: Inmate2993
:: William C. Bubel
"Please refrain from bothering Booster."
william bubel
quote:Original post by TechnoHydra
...The downside to it, is that once the virus and host has bonded anything that kills one will kill the other. Extreme temperatures, radiation, anti-viral medications that kill the virus will kill the host as well. Massive damage to the heart or brain can also be fatal to the host. The virus consumes massive amounts of protein starting with whatever is passing through the digestive track. Once that is gone it begins feeding off the host body. Vampires therefore are required to eat large amounts of protein rich foods(whether tofu, meat, etc) otherwise the virus will weaken and eventually kill the host.
Feedback?

But, but, but....don''t things like massive damage to heart/brain, extreme temperatures, and radiation kill people anyway (actually radiation and exteme temperatures kill anything come to think of it)? Oh, and if the host dies obviously the virus will "die" won''t it? hmmm....

Nice to see the comments coming in:

Kamithra - At first I did want to just throw vampires in there on their own, but I got to thinking. The virus created is going to be kept secret from the general public if possible. After in a setting like this there''s bound to be prejudice by some humans against non-humans or even gentically altered ones. So these organization would be held together by the powerful, influential, rich, or corporate entities. Thus creating the need for a generalized social structure in amongst themselves.

The first thing, using some of the more familiar concepts is a definate although it gets a little more difficult in a tech environ. Stake to the heart and sensitivity to UV/sunlight routine is already in and can be acounted for, any suggestions on other stuff that would fit?

Inmate2993 - My thoughts exactly.

Kordova - True, but the idea I was trying to bring out was that it would take a lot more damage to kill a vamp in this world. Anything less then massive damage and the vamp would able to regenerate because of the symbiote/virus. Example, a normal human gets his liver and kidneys ripped out, now unless a miracle happens he won''t live. Because humans cant grow those organs back. Vampires on the other hand, only have 2 major organs heart and brain(in my world anyways). They have those other organs as well, but those organs can be regenrated long before it could threaten its life. Not saying it wouldnt hurt only that it isnt fatal. A nd when I say radiation a mean the type you get when you walk out your door on a sunny day. With these vamps exposure to sunlight will begin to slowly kill the virus, after a few hours they get sick much more of that and they die virus and host. If one dies so will the other.

Love the ideas and feedback yall are bringing.
the remake of the old vincent price movie starring charlton heston was called "The Omega Man" i think.. pretty good stuff if i recall

No matter where you go, there you are -Buckaroo Bonzai
Well other things you might be able to combine from myth with your setting...

the ability to make a ghoul as a companion, perhaps the same with making a vampire. (bloodbond)

Ýou''ll have to watch the sunlight though if you plan to have a day/night cycle in your game. (I''m working on a fantasy game where vamps will have reduced settings during the day time.(MMORG)Otherwise you might end up with times that players won''t have "full fun"and have to hide/wait till sundown.

It may not be a bad idea to get some books on vamp. that way you can look at what powers they have in different games.
Like Vampire the mascarade.

greetz
Kamithra

I wouldn''t look at Vampire: The Masquerade again unless my life depended on it. It''s...how you say, not good?
Sqeek.
I wouldn''t look at Vampire: The Masquerade again unless my life depended on it. It''s...how you say, not good?
Sqeek.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement