Sign in to follow this  

Help in 3D game programming

This topic is 1277 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello is there any tutourials out there to teach people about making a 3d walking game (Terrains , Person , Camera with part of right hand seen) and making maps, and objects, and entities. I know C++ and OpenGl, but I just cannot make the game.

Help please!

Thanks in advance! 

Yes...

Edit: I was just going to leave it at that, but I'll be less snotty and do a google search for you:

C++ opengl fps tutorial

That came up with a big wad of youtube tutorial videos, here's the first one: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC6dWIr5804

fps stands for First Person Shooter (which is what you were describing).

- Eck

Edited by Eck

I know start small, so I am asking how to make a 3d walking game with the right hand being seen by the camera view (like minecraft), not fps.

Sorry if it is not clear.

I know start small, so I am asking how to make a 3d walking game with the right hand being seen by the camera view (like minecraft), not fps.

That's a relatively large definition of small.

If you know OpenGL, can you create a first-person camera that flies around a world with some cubes or a terrain map?

Can you draw an arbitrary static mesh? Can you animate a mesh?

Something as "simple" as a game where you walk around terrain and see a first-person view of a 3D arm is more complicated than you might think. Break it into pieces and learn how to do each piece individually, then worry about combining them into a simple game.

This topic is 1277 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.