Need Ideas For Some Icons

Started by
3 comments, last by GoCatGoGames 9 years, 10 months ago

Keep in mind this is a fish tank type game so I want to try to stay with the theme of underwater/fish tanks/sea

1. Shop icon - I was thinking a shopping cart with sea weed grown on it and some sea crustations like its been under water a long time.

2. Menu icon - A sea shell? This is a generic icon that when clicked will bring up some buttons for leaderboards, mailbox, settings, and achievements.

Anyone think they have a better idea?

Advertisement

Sounds good. Sortta depends on what other icons and GUI elements you're building, the style your artwork, and the size of the icons. When it comes to icons I usually incline to keep things simpler, rather than detailed, as you usually don't have a lot of pixels to work with, and I always go for readability first.

"I am not a number!" - The Prisoner

It's probably possible to double-use a tank decoration graphic as an icon (most fishtank games have tank decorations, so I'm assuming your does). Out of curiosity, do you have a fish breeding system? I'm always looking for new pet breeding games to play.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

DEAd4W8.png

The 4 bubble icons on the right (and left) only appear if you tap the shell, tapping the shell again makes them float away. Also keep in mind the background is just a placeholder as there will be decorations, rocks, plants, etc... But I still feel like there could be something better than the shells used for those 2 icons.

It's probably possible to double-use a tank decoration graphic as an icon (most fishtank games have tank decorations, so I'm assuming your does). Out of curiosity, do you have a fish breeding system? I'm always looking for new pet breeding games to play.

Haven't incorporated breeding yet, still brainstorming how I want to go about doing it.

A stylized fish store for the shop? Like a little "Fishes-R-Us" building/storefront?

How about an aquarium filter for the menu. They have those, right? Or maybe a cartoony pic of an actual aquarium from an angled view.

Indie games are what indie movies were in the early 90s -- half-baked, poorly executed wastes of time that will quickly fall out of fashion. Now go make Minecraft with wizards and watch the dozen or so remakes of Reservior Dogs.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement