Please help. I suck at coding...

Started by
11 comments, last by Avalander 9 years, 10 months ago

Please help. I have had this amazing idea for an 8-bit, side scrolling, survival game, but i have know idea what to do and all the tutorials confuse me...

I basically know how to do the "Hello, World" beginner program and that is it.

<<PLEASE HELP>>

Advertisement

Why is there a "C++" tag on this thread? Is that what you are trying to learn? What tutorials have you tried to follow, and what difficulties are you having with them?

Perhaps you should consider a different hobby? If you want to stick to programming, you are going to have to learn to communicate better.

Sorry Alvaro.

Yep, C++ is what I am trying to learn, I suck at it, and I SHALL learn and be a pro at it. I have many other hobbies, but I suck the most at this one.

I have just tried to do the basics, and I am okay at javascript.

A good place to start is the For Beginners FAQ.

You will get much better help if you post a specific program you are having trouble with. Explain what you want the program to do, post your code and explain what happens when you try to compile it and run it. Without that kind of concrete information, we can't do better than any of the myriad of tutorials available on line.

A good place to start is the For Beginners FAQ.

This may help! Thanks!

It recommends C#. Should I try it out or no?

C#, Java and Python are good languages to start with. Avoid C++.

C#, Java and Python are good languages to start with. Avoid C++.

I am intermediate coder with java script, i had made some personal mod scripts for the android version of Minecraft. I will look into C#, though.

Personally I learned C and C++ first, and while I think my strong background in those lower level languages helped me learn higher level languages later, the learning curve was QUITE steep.

You're a beginner, so it's going to be a long time before you're really doing anything interesting, regardless of what language you choose to learn first. I think if you go with C# you might be able to get some results and program more rewarding things a little sooner than if you start with C or C++.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement