Game Requirement Specification

Started by
1 comment, last by Ahmad Ridwan Fauzi 9 years, 10 months ago

I wanna ask about game developing. I know there is a software requirement specification, which is used to manage a software project (mainly used in developing enterprise software) from preparation to maintenance according to pressman's book of software engineering. It consists of agile method and waterfall method (those two methods are deeply explained on the book that I mentioned), and many more. Is there any specific game requirement specification in order to build game from preparation to maintenance? If there's any, what is the name of the method used in developing a game.

P.S. for now, I assume that game development process is a bit similar to agile method. But I think, there's still more to it than meets the eye, because I feel there's something missing if I'm using agile method.

Thanks for your attention. ;)

Thanks for your attention

Advertisement
In game development/production, the requirements spec is usually foregone in favor of the GDD (Game Design Document), since game software serves more to entertain than to function in a utilitarian way. Some teams eschew the formal GDD for various reasons.

The development process or production methodology most used in the industry is Scrum (an agile methodology), but in a way that may differ somewhat from team to team.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

In game development/production, the requirements spec is usually foregone in favor of the GDD (Game Design Document), since game software serves more to entertain than to function in a utilitarian way. Some teams eschew the formal GDD for various reasons.

The development process or production methodology most used in the industry is Scrum (an agile methodology), but in a way that may differ somewhat from team to team.

nice answer. thanks for responding. ;)

Thanks for your attention

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement