Sign in to follow this  

would this motion capture system work?

This topic is 1267 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,

I have been very deep thinking how to produce skeletal animation capturing. I came up with an affordable idea but I wonder wheather it will (can) work.

Here it is:

4 camera setup, in a square, 1 camera in the middle of left side of the square, second camera opposite- in the middle of right side od square.

The other two cameras are placed just the same way, at front- back side of the square.

I would capture the videos, and by using four monitors, I would run all 4 captured videos synchronously. Then, frame by frame I would place the bones of the animated object to fit the actor pose every frame.

I wonder though wheather this is doable. I have few concerns:

markers? Would I need to place markers on actor for being able to accurartely analyze a curent pose? How many of them? Two per bone (the two ends of bone)?

Will I need an "orthogonal stick" helper on a bone marker, to be able to analyze its rotation around itself of it occurs (for example turning a key in a lock is such a rotation)?

I am confused about markering setup, what markers should be like to help me?

But mainly, is my solution doable and can produce an animation asset if I work hard? On the cost of it not being the on-air actor-to-animated display.

Edited by JohnnyCode

thanks guys but I just want criticism towards the solution I promise myself to. Is it all cool, instead of it not being real time previewable, but, AS I HOPE, being well snatchable? (so if I capture some awesome performance I will be able to reporduce it, no matter of skill needed)

This topic is 1267 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.