I need you...

Started by
1 comment, last by Tom Sloper 9 years, 10 months ago

hey

I am a 16 year old who doesn't know anything about programming, let me rephrase that, I am just a gamer nothing else.

I want to make a game like the old rainbow six games but more epic, more realistic and attention to detail old rainbow gamers will love.

I don't know how to make a game but you guys do. I love gaming and you can make my dream come true. I need programmers and artists of all ages to help me create a game people will love.

Advertisement

If you're not trolling, your passion is admirable smile.png

However, you're asking for quite the undertaking in both time and resources of likely a large number of people. If you're serious, I'm not going to try to talk you out of it, nor condescend to your dream. But, I think before most people would dedicate their time and energy for something like this you're going to need a better plan. Do you have any experience with game development? Is this going to be an open-source project, and if not, are you going to be compensating the programmers and artists? I'm going to suggest that a game of what you're likely envisioning is a far more complicated project than you may initially think (far, far more complicated). I'm sure you'll likely get many varied responses to this request, but unfortunately what it boils down to is I think you'll need to dip your toe into game development before diving in like this. You're essentially talking about creating a small(or not so small) game company.

I'm sure it's not the answer you're looking for, and I genuinely don't mean to condescend, but perhaps find a few people who want to make smaller games with you first. It sounds like you would like to be in a sort of developing role (since you said you're just a gamer, nothing else). Generally, developers were previously programmers, artists, or what have you(many, if not most of the small developers are still both), but not necessarily. Personally, I'd love to have more of my friends help with game design and such (my wife and artist-friend are my current co-developers smile.png).

Maybe check and see if your city or town has an indie game developers group that gets together. Meet other people with similar goals. Your ideas and passion are admirable and that's definitely needed smile.png

Beginner here <- please take any opinions with grain of salt

I need programmers and artists of all ages to help me create a game people will love.

Sorry, clocky, but this sort of topic is not permitted in our discussion forums. If you want to try to recruit a team to make your game, you'll need to use the Classified section. This thread is locked.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement