Sign in to follow this  
L. Spiro

OpenGL My Kingdom for a Link to a Past Post

Search-after-search I can’t find a past post I really need right now.

A long time ago someone did some tests on the best ways to update vertex buffers and he shared his results, but when I try the few key words I remember (which I won’t list here in order not to pass on a possibly mistaken key word to others) I just get results of people asking questions.  I even searched replies for a link to the post for which I am searching and nothing.

So the guy benchmarked at least 3 ways to update vertex buffers.

He did client arrays and VBO’s with DYNAMIC_DRAW and different updating strategies.

One of the strategies was orphaning.

It was about 2 years ago.

My kingdom for anyone who can find that post.  It may have been OpenGL ES 2.0.

L. Spiro

I find it easier to use Google to search GameDev, and limit the google search to only the GameDev.net domain. Further, I limit searches by the rough area of time (in this case, 2010 to, and including, 2012). Since I'm hoping you happened to post in the thread, I also use your username as a search keyword.

I probably don't need to tell you how to use Google's search engine rolleyes.gif, but just on the off-chance, are any of these results what you are looking for?

I am not sure if that is it (I saw it several times in my own searches but I distinctly remember my target being an information post rather than a question so I didn’t read it fully) but it is close enough (now that having it brought to my attention has made me give it a full read).

As promised, my kingdom.
You are now $378,012.37 in debt, 3 mortgages behind, your car is about to be repossessed, and you are single.  But at least you have 2 cats!  But be careful of Maru; you are his enemy every second you are not feeding him.  Oh and Pen-Pen likes to steal your breath at night while scratching your eyelids.
Thank you!

L. Spiro Edited by L. Spiro