• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
koka282

Need more than 1 value to unpack?

This topic is 1484 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i everyone i just learning execise13 from learnpythonthehardway.org and i got syntax error time & need 1 value to unpack time :( help me pls

urbx.png

66b9.png

6k2k.png

Advertisement

I'm familiar with the book but have never gone through it. I read that chapter that you are on and on the line that follows "What You Should See" he wants you to navigate, in Unix or a Windows prompt, to the directory where test11.py is and type in the command:

python test11.py first 2nd 3rd

This will run the file in the python interpreter and pass it first, 2nd, and 3rd as arguments.

Edited by tp9

Bro :)

urbx.png

Thanks for helping me & pls send me screen in python :)

?Sry about Difficulty understanding :)

Bro smile.png

Thanks for helping me & pls send me screen in python smile.png

?Sry about Difficulty understanding smile.png

Sup...

You know you keep posting a screenshot of your editor right? You can't execute the python interpreter from within your script. You need to run it from the command line, outside of your script, in the same location that your script is located.

If you don't know how to use the command line you'll have to learn that first. Command lines are OS dependent too so keep that in mind.

Yes i don't know how to use command line but i will see any video to help me ,,i will search  & sry about Difficulty understanding smile.png & thanks for helping me&Thanks for this useful information :) & pls if u have skype i want to add u smile.png

I hope i will be Professional Programmer

Edited by koka282

Yes i don't know how to use command line but i will see any video to help me ,,i will search  & sry about Difficulty understanding smile.png & thanks for helping me&Thanks for this useful information smile.png & pls if u have skype i want to add u smile.png

I hope i will be Professional Programmer

NP. Don't worry, you'll get there. Just takes a bit of time and patience. Good luck.

Pls if u know Program to program python with it like Notpad++ pls tell me smile.png

Edited by koka282

Pls if u know Program to program python with it like Notpad++ pls tell me smile.png

To execute Python programs from Notepadd++ you need the plugin PyNPP. Just put the DLL in your Plugins folder and a new option will show up under Plugins. The only option you have to set is the location of your root Python folder (mine is C:\Python34). To execute your Python script hit Ctrl + Alt + F5.

Edited by tp9

To execute Python programs from Notepadd++ you need the plugin PyNPP. Just put the DLL in your Plugins folder and a new option will show up under Plugins. The only option you have to set is the location of your root Python folder (mine is C:\Python34). To execute your Python script hit Ctrl + Alt + F5.

i put  the Dll (PyNPP) smile.png

but pls see osda.png

what should i do ??

I've used the command line  right???

Edited by koka282

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!