Need help for a name!

Started by
3 comments, last by Tathlibash 9 years, 10 months ago

This, in every project of mine, seems to be the hardest part of the design process. The game is an open-world, 3D "fighting game-esque" kind of deal, except not. Yes, there are some rather "fighting game" aspects to it, but there is a lot that separates it from standard ones. First off, toggling between your usual walking around (I've deemed the "Social") mode, and the fight mode. Secondly, you make your own fighting styles down to the animations (more on that if requested) and control scheme. Thirdly, (is that a word?) Each style, in creation has a pool of 100 "Special" points to be assigned to what your style deals with. From the basic Upper/Lower body/use of weapons, to Elemental alteration (Water, Earth, Fire, Air, etc). The only part we've been unable to come up with so far is what to name it.

Advertisement

I agree that naming a game is kind of important even if it's only on the prototype step. It can help defining what it is and it more convenient for a conversation ^^

But don't focus to much on it, as the name will surely change during the development. What I usually do is to pick the song name or lyrics of my favorite artist that fit the most the game.

Based on the 100 "Special" points (And 46&2 from Tool, great song, btw)

- One Hundred and Two

And I would recommend avoiding words like : Blood, Sword, War, Fight, and all the other overused words.

Thanks for the input, Navezof! It's greatly appreciated.

And yeah, the main problem I'm having with the name, even on a prototype level, is that one of three things happens. The first, it sounds "2edgy4life," two, sometimes it becomes a mouthful and hard to work with, and three, it also sometimes has a BDSM relation if you think about it, but I've decided that it's the best of the three to go with, so temporarily going to go with the simple, working name of "Discipline" as one of my friends suggested.

But I do enjoy the "Using song lyrics" idea, and 'One Hundred and Two' sounds pretty awesome. I'll have to keep that in mind. Thanks again! ^^

I would advise you not to use the name your game Discipline. There is already a game with this name. And it's quite far from what you are describing, and it is also NSFW. Try to find discipline game in google and see for yourself :)

I was not aware. I uh... Huh. You learn something every day, I guess. Thanks for that. I'll remember to check for these things when I'm trying to come up with more names! Hahaha

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement