Help Engine

Started by
4 comments, last by Boggler 9 years, 10 months ago

Hello I have a design for a game style "Do not Starve" I wonder if anyone knows any engine that can facilitate the creation of a game of survival open world and Craft of items I'm thinking of starting a game with basically the same meaning of "Do not Starve" then who know of any engine that can facilitate me at some of these "details" because start from 0 of too much work and I have no team wanna do it alone, I'll be very grateful.

OBS: Sorry for my english I'm a little rusty and had help from Google Translator;)

Advertisement
Almost any engine would work. You're going to have to implement all the game-specific stuff yourself no matter what, like crafting. Unity is likely a very safe choice.

For those of us who've never played Don't Starve and never plan to, you might want to provide more details about your game.

Sean Middleditch – Game Systems Engineer – Join my team!

so .. I know que any engine will help me develop my game what I wanted to know if anyone knows if you have a more "easy" engine because it has to develop que Certain engines are more "specific" the CryEngine3 is more focused in but can develop the FPS mmorpg among others.
on "Do not Starve" I will try to explain a bit how it is ..... basically it
517911634.jpg
I want to follow the same style but not the want to do the same some parts I liked would be open and fully random world system, crafting system
the one thing I forgot to mention I do not want a game with high resolution, want something simple, so you can work on older computers not something that requires both
If engine has no "specified" for this, which engine would you recommend I use?

In general people seem to agree that Unity is the easiest engine to work with... I agree with that too.

Stefano Casillo
TWITTER: [twitter]KunosStefano[/twitter]
AssettoCorsa - netKar PRO - Kunos Simulazioni

I agree with Unity here.

Usually I'm a Pro C++-Do-Everything-Yourself type of guy, but in this case I don't really see what's stopping you from using Unity. Its a great engine (and has amazing tools), and you have access to C#'s high-level functionality and power. It's also component-based, which is definitely a plus.

Yeah, so go with Unity, I can almost guarantee you wont regret it.

Thank you very much for your attention and response from you I was with doubt and Unity was in the middle since it is an excellent engine will venture into it then.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement