• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
noatom

Cross Platform C++ Database library?

This topic is 1550 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I basically need a free c++ library for doing MySQL operations. It needs to work on Windows, Android, IOS, Mac. Does anyone have some suggestions? 

Advertisement

But I see it uses boost, which has dlls, so wouldn't that be a problem for cross platform?

If you don't literally need MySQL, you might also consider SQLite. Android/iOS implies to me that you might be needing some kind of offline mode and not connecting to an actual server, so an embedded DB like SQLite could make more sense than trying to use embedded MySQL.

But I see it uses boost, which has dlls, so wouldn't that be a problem for cross platform?

Boost can be statically linked and compiles on a wide range of platforms.

^

| oh well, I admit I didn't think of that. Also, no, I don't need it for offline use, I basically need to store ids and passwords for a multiplayer game. I guess I'll go with the mysql client library and link everything statically, including boost. Hope it works.

I don't know where you're seeing boost. The MySQL client library is a pure C API.

Sorry, I downloaded the connectors, not the actual source. I actually have trouble finding the windows source, could you help with a link?

Ok, got the message, but still, where is the source for MySql?, I can't still find it.

Also, why do you think its such a bad ideea to connect to a database directly?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!