• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Rates for Voice Over?

This topic is 1375 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello all,

I was wondering if I could get some feedback regarding voice over rates. I am a voice actress and am considering adding rates to my site:

http://www.tamararyanvo.com/

After reviewing my samples, what kind of rates would you expect to pay? Here is a rate card that seems to be the standard non-union prices for video game voice over:

Console Games, iPhone Games, iPad Games, Android Games

Per minute 100   

00 to 05 minutes 100-250  

06 to 15 minutes 250-500  

16 to 30 minutes 500-750  

31 to 45 minutes 750-1000  

46 to 60 minutes 1000-2500

Would you say those are reasonable prices? What do you think would be fair? Do you prefer to pay a percentage after sales rather than a flat rate up front? Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Edited by TamaraRyan

Advertisement

Yeah, I think you're right. Do you think having on the front page "Willing to work within your budget" is clear enough? 

Because I want indie developers with small budgets to know that I can still work with them. 

The reason why most people don't say the former is because some clients may want to only pay $1 for all of their audio. Are you willing to work within that small of a budget? What I stress to my clients is that I'm flexible, within reason. That I want to work with them and meet their needs but, at the same time, I need to pay my own bills and feel my craft and time are worth something. 

The reason why most people don't say the former is because some clients may want to only pay $1 for all of their audio. Are you willing to work within that small of a budget? What I stress to my clients is that I'm flexible, within reason. That I want to work with them and meet their needs but, at the same time, I need to pay my own bills and feel my craft and time are worth something. 

Yeah, I guess that's kind of my fear. If I advertise "work within your budget" I might be getting really low offers and might get taken advantage of. I think in the end I'll just say that rates vary depending on the project and leave it at that.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement