Alpha Zone on Targa Texture just won't show alpha

Started by
4 comments, last by L. Spiro 9 years, 9 months ago
Hi Everyone, I found a targa loader that works great and implemented it in my code.

But for some reason, the alpha region of my texture , just won't be alpha when I load the Texture in my code.

If I make a texture that is a full purple colored rectangle, and carve out the central part with an alpha zone, in-game the quad is all full purple, instead of having the central part being transparent.

I tried the following code too, and it doesn't work, I don't understand
//NPC
glEnable(GL_BLEND); // Enable Blending

NPC00->Draw();

glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA); // Set The Blending To A Nice 50/50 Mode
glDisable(GL_BLEND); // Disable Blending

Draw Function, basically draws a Quad and applies the texture to it.

Can anybody help me understand whats missing I'm just trying to get textures with alpha to work, I usually work with targas, so thats why I got a targa loader.

Thanks.
Advertisement

Are you sure your texture has a proper alpha channel? What program did you use to make it, and have your tried loading it in another program to check?

It could be the order of your opengl calls, try calling glBlendFunc before you call NPC00->Draw();

I used Gimp for the creation of the alpha channel.

Also I tried changing the order, putting glBlenFunc before (which makes total sense btw) and no change.

What about the creation of the OpenGL texture? The alpha channel could be lost after loading the file correctly.

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post the .TGA file.

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement