Sign in to follow this  

New Resource for Free Music

This topic is 944 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone,

I've got a site up with music that you can freely use in games and other media. It's all original...all my own stuff. All I ask is to be credited as detailed on my homepage.

soundimage.org

I hope it's hepful. Any and all feedback is welcome and much appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

Hi Eric,

I just visited your site. I listened to several of the music files you have up and they are great! Thank you for making these available. I'm doing a small Android game and I hope to be able to use something. You have a great selection to choose from.

Don

Hi Eric,

I just visited your site. I listened to several of the music files you have up and they are great! Thank you for making these available. I'm doing a small Android game and I hope to be able to use something. You have a great selection to choose from.

Don

You're very welcome...I hope you find something that's useful in your game. Please send me a link to it if you do...I love to see how people use my music.

Thanks,

Eric

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of expanding the site with new pages/genres of music and wanted to reach out and ask you if you had any suggestions for genres/styles/feels of music that would be helpful to you.

I have some ideas of my own, but I'm sure there are all kinds of styles I haven't thought of.

All suggestions are welcome and very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

Hi everyone,

I've added a bunch of new pieces on the following pages:

Fantasy/Game Music
    Sci-fi/Space
    Drama

Hope they are useful,

Eric

Hi everyone,

It was brought to my attention that pretty much any music on my site could potentially be game music...(not just the music on the "Fantasy/Game Music" page)...so I've gone ahead and renamed that page "Fantasy." None of the pieces have moved, though...everything is still in the same place.

That said, I have some new tracks for you on the Fantasy page as well as the Drama and Upbeat pages.

I hope they are helpful,

Eric

Hi everyone,

I've had several requests for action pieces, so I've started an "Action" page and uploaded 5 new pieces with varying styles. If there's a particular style you're interested in, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I also uploaded some new pieces on the Nature/Science page as well as the Technology page. I hope they are helpful.

Thanks for all your feedback and support,

Eric

Hi everyone,

I've posted some new tracks on the following pages:

Sci-Fi/Space
Quiet/Peaceful/Mellow

I've also received a number of requests for longer pieces (in general) so I thought I'd begin creating longer versions of some of my tracks.

If you all have any thoughts about tracks of mine that you'd like to use, but wish were longer, please let me know. :)

Thanks,
Eric
http://soundimage.org/

Hi Eric,

I really liked your music and I've used four songs in my current project, Insanity!. In the next version (scheduled to be released later today) I'll have added a credits menu with your name. Thanks for the great atmosphere!

Music used: "They're Here", "Time running out", "Titan Powerplant", and "Lightyears".

Hi Eric,

I really liked your music and I've used four songs in my current project, Insanity!. In the next version (scheduled to be released later today) I'll have added a credits menu with your name. Thanks for the great atmosphere!

Music used: "They're Here", "Time running out", "Titan Powerplant", and "Lightyears".

Thanks, Lord Overkill, I'm glad to hear that my music works in your game. If the Federation can swing a little donation from petty cash, I'd greatly appreciate it. wink.png

Hi everyone,

New free tracks are waiting for you on the following pages:

Fantasy
Funny/Quirky/Weird
Sci-Fi/Space
Upbeat

I'm also posting daily updates on Twitter as I add tracks.  

Have a great week,
Eric

Just came across this and looks great. Some thoughts though:

• Some of your lists are now fairly long, and as you said yourself, many are suitable for other types of things. It would be great if they could be tagged and searched for (I don't know what WP has, might even be a plugin for it). e.g. sad/happy/scifi/short/long/etc
  • ogg/vorbis rather than just mp3 would be nice (since I for one only implemented that decoder, not mp3, and I personally dislike converting anything from one lossy format to another), and maybe ogg/flac

Sign in to follow this