Sign in to follow this  

Game engine for beginners, details here...

This topic is 1247 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ive been thinking of leaving Engine001 and im looking for another engine to replace it.

It needs:
To support object orientated programming or Visual Basic
Be free*
Unlimited rooms, Items, sprites etc*

*In GameMaker from YoYo games you must pay for the full package, if you dont you get a demo version where creativity is limited (limited rooms, sprites etc) both are unacceptable. I just want to further develop my game without spending a penny, taking as long as i want and able to have as many rooms, sprites etc as i want. Just like Unity (Unity packages are more agreeable than GameMaker in my opinion)

GameMaker, XNA & Unity is not accepted or under consideration

So give me a few engines that suit my requirements... 

Oh yes, i forgot, the game im trying to create is 2D just like Pokemon (Before it came into 3D)

Unity is not accepted or under consideration

why not go with unity.  its supports oop and has a free version(which doesn't have limits on sprites or scenes).  unless you just don't like unity it seems like the best option for what you are looking for.

Unity is not accepted because it dosnt support VB as a language, last i checked it only accepts, C#, UnityScript (Javascript) & Boo

I have been told that the following languages are not a good starting point, hence why I only want VB

Ok fine, lets say C# is the best overall in performance & learning.

I have tried making my game in Unity and it has NOT gone well, i got VERY frustrated over it due to lack of community support.

Many have stated that I start in baby steps, so I did, i done one of the Unity tutorial series (Stealth) and of all the tutorials i have found, none have explained a piece of code in detail. This is what i have EXPERIENCED.

Have you try Gamesalad? It's free and unlimited resource! Eh, almost forget. What platform are you making? Is it mobile or PC? Because Gamesalad Free only support iOS (and the pro only support Mac ;( )

If so, I have a nice plot of land to sell you.

Everything I tried to convey in a few paragraphs you managed in one line.  Hats off to you, L. Spiro!  You gave me a laugh and allowed me to delete my rant and post a kudos to you instead!

Unity is not accepted because it dosnt support VB as a language, last i checked it only accepts, C#, UnityScript (Javascript) & Boo

I have been told that the following languages are not a good starting point, hence why I only want VB

If you really like the language structure of BASIC ... Alice is all I can think of.

Unfortunately you will have expand your programming knowledge beyond BASIC if you wish to use more than a very limited range of tools.

Python, C#, and JavaScript are not hard to learn, especially if you already know BASIC .

This topic is 1247 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.