Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oluseyi

C++ Tutorial comments

Oluseyi    2109
Just a few comments on your C++ tutorials - good work, btw!
  1. Your introduction of classes by dealing with structs deals with the C definition of structs; in C++ structs are classes (and vice-versa), only that classes default to private access while structs defer to public access. This is just passing information until you state that structs cannot contain methods or have constructors and destructors. Under C, yes, but under C++ that''s wrong. Thought you might like to know.
  2. I really, really think you should introduce stream I/O. You admit that you always do I/O the C way, which is all well and good, but don''t you think you owe it to people learning from you to at least show both ways to them and let them make the choice? (Since most of C is a valid subset of C++)
Other than that, I think you''re doing an excellent job! Keep it up!
I wanna work for Microsoft!

cone3d    150
thanx for the comments

1. I knew that structs were "public classes" in C++. I guess it just kinda "slipped my mind". Thanx for reminding me about that. I''ll update the tut soon.

2. I''ve been thinking about that too. And one of the next tuts that I will release will probably be about C++ streams.
Since the Grounds Up! series isn''t finished yet I may (and will) still write about things that aren''t on the tutorial list.
(These unclickable lessons)

---
cone3d
http://cone3d.gamedev.net
Multitasking - screwing up several things at once.