Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smurf_killa1

How to Make These Kind of Games (CGI/Text Based)

smurf_killa1    122
Hi there all, i''m a newb to game programming and stuff. I have this idea to create a CGI online text based game but I dont know where to start. Are there tutorials to making games or do I need to learn CGI in total before making it ? The type of game i''m making its like Utopia or Earth: 2025 (games.swirve.com/earth) I want to create a game like those, so what do i do ?

smurf_killa1    122
well, it would help if you understood how the game is like. But at any rate, to create that type of game, where should I start?
Read some CGI books? or PHP?
I dont want to end up reading a language that won''t even process this game, so please interpret your complex language so my little head can understand it lol!
Thanks...

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by smurf_killa1
well, it would help if you understood how the game is like. But at any rate, to create that type of game, where should I start?
Read some CGI books? or PHP?
I dont want to end up reading a language that won''t even process this game, so please interpret your complex language so my little head can understand it lol!
Thanks...

CGI isn''t a language. It''s just a specific way to output so that web servers and broswers can read your output. If you already know C (or even perl of pascal or fortran or scheme or...) you can program CGI.

If not, I''d suggest you start with Sams''s ''Learn C++ in 21 days.''