• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ahogenhaven

Epocu – a free and easy way to hype upcoming games

This topic is 1420 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys,
We're a small danish company called Kunju Studios who love games and have previously worked on tools for gamers and game developers.

Over the past months we have been working on a way to put the work and ideas of indie game developers in the spotlight. What we’ve come up with is Epocu.

[attachment=22431:1.jpg]

Envisioned to be a hub for upcoming games and game concepts, Epocu offers developers a unique opportunity to test their ideas and assumptions before investing time in it. Upon presenting the idea, developers can set up the interest goal to see if they can achieve the critical mass of people interested in their game concept. Once the interest goal you set up is achieved, a message of your choice will be shared through the social media of your supporters at the time you think you would benefit most from the buzz and attention it deserves.

[attachment=22430:2.jpg]

We hope you will check it out and help us make the platform that the indie game development deserves. Epocu is completely free to use and it always will be, in hopes that the attention created helps you find investors, a fanbase as well as lay down a solid foundation for a kickstarter campaign.

If you’re interested to learn more about us, you can check it out in more detail here. http://epocu.com

Feel free to leave us your feedback or suggestions in the comments; we will do our best to answer you as soon as possible! :-)

[attachment=22432:250x250.jpg]

Advertisement

It seems nice. it's kind of a pre-kickstarter, isn't it? I will probably try it, someday :)

Some suggestion :

It may be missing more information about a user. What did he posted, what did he backed, what did he looked.
Also, no support for g+?

Some feedback :

I like the design of the site :)

Yeah you can call it that! :-)

It's still in beta so a lot of stuff is missing, but at some point we will have time to integrated g+ login and so on.

We will also be working on the profiles, it is on our to-do!

Glad you like the design, we hope to see you on the website!

I'm not 100% clear on why I'd want to go through Epocy before kickstarter.

Can you shed some light on Epocu's purpose and advantages? (I don't see corwdfunding, so that's a big minus, but maybe I'm missing the point altogether).

What is currently required for someone to 'hop on' Epocu?

I'm not 100% clear on why I'd want to go through Epocy before kickstarter.

Can you shed some light on Epocu's purpose and advantages? (I don't see corwdfunding, so that's a big minus, but maybe I'm missing the point altogether).

What is currently required for someone to 'hop on' Epocu?

I'm glad you ask! 
What Epocu is a social based kickstarter you might call it, you can use it for a lot of things.
For example you can choose that you want your supporters to post the message a message including a kickstarter link, the 5th december,
because that's the day where you start your kickstarter. If for example Blackhole had done that on our website, they would get their kickstarter link together
with a message of their choice out to ~50.000 on the starting day, making them stand out from the crowd of games on Kickstarter.

Another use of it is if you're considering releasing a beta, then you can time it with the release date of that.
Or if you need to simply check if there's any potential in your game concept, to prove your point for investors - they love to see numbers of how many already know
about the game before it's finished, as well as how many who have chosen to support it.

I hope that's enough reason for now, otherwise I'd love to come back with more! :-)

About your question of what is required to actually participate on Epocu.
Not much infact, all you need is a good concept and some sketches or a video that supports your explanation.
We only accept high quality content on Epocu, so it doesn't get flooded with ideas described with 4 lines of text, to make sure
people spend their time wisely when they look through the games.

Hope you're having a lovely Friday :-)

Interesting. I'm currently using IndieDB for that, but I reckon it is not the most efficient tool for this (hard to get traction from users).

What kind of traffic does Epocu have currently? What's the penetration like for the average game?

Sorry about being anal with the metrics here :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!