How to play a game that you created on an XDK

Started by
0 comments, last by Hodgman 9 years, 9 months ago

Hi There,

First of all, I am aware that this is no simple task.

I have acquired an XDK, and would like to know if it is possible to play a game that I have created from say for example unreal engine.

If someone could give me a step by step guide, then that would be appreciated.

I do not know any coding language, but I would still like to know the steps involved - as commissioning a coder would not be out of the window.

Also, I do not know the exact version of the XDK that I have, however if you could tell me how to find out, I can post here.

Another question, is there any way at all to play normal games or forums where I can download game files etc?

The XDK in question is 360, and I am aware that my console belongs to Microsoft, I am just borrowing it from work as it was gathering dust.

Microsoft have not asked for it back, so I want to see if I can get any use from it.

Many Thanks

Sam

Advertisement
The XDK can only be used by licensed developers, and is covered by NDA.
Discussing it here would be a breach of NDA, which could result in my/your employer's contracts with Microsoft being torn up, and us being fired.
Your workplace shouldn't have let you take it home either -- those same contracts mean the 360 devkit and the XDK software must be kept private and secure at all times.

To answer the question though - no you can't play normal games on it and there's no public forums for discussing it. Your best be would be talking to a programmer at the workplace you pinched it from.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement