• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Voxel God - City Simulation Game

This topic is 1330 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everybody, my name is Amit Levy and I live in Israel, so sorry for my horrible English.

Today I wanted to tell you all about my project - Voxel God (Name not final).
Currently, the picture I have in mind is a blend of Civilization and Sim City (And Voxel Graphics, Of course).

You control a civilization, from its early days as a small village to ruling the universe.
You can place Important Buildings, Research technologies and decide important decisions to guide it on its way.
That's my vision.

But sadly, I am a programming hobbyist and a vision it will probably stay forever, with dedication a prototype. 
That is why I will probably use Indiegogo or Kickstarter to make my idea into a game.

But again, that can only happen if I manage to get it without a budget to a good looking prototype.

So if you're an artist, a programmer, someone with an idea to improve on my own, or someone who wants to tell me just how bad
my idea is, please contact me:

captaincake8@gmail.com

Thanks! 

shhhh.png

(And no, I'm not a giraffe!)

Advertisement

From what you are describing, your "vision" is exactly like any other civ-like (except for the Voxel part, but I don't think you can build a game on this). Unless you expand a little bit on your vision, and why it is so special that other people would like to join you, then, yes, it will stay as a vision :)

Hopefully you have to craft the buildings out of the right number and type of blocks?  Or maybe you can shape the landscape to create a waterfall for hydroelectric power and irrigation ditches and fish farms?  The voxels have to be interactive in some way.

There are projects out there that do that (including using Voxels actually).

You'd need at least one thing that sets you apart OR a proof of better execution (generally achieved by demonstrating past work quality).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement