Token

Started by
10 comments, last by Nacho 22 years, 5 months ago
Hi guys! Can you tell me what is a token? Thanks!
Advertisement
A token is a single discrete element. Its specific usage depends on context. With respect to compilers and parsers, a token is a single language element such as an identifier (variable or function name), an operator or another form of lexical symbol. With regard to string manipulation, tokens are what are obtained after the string has been separated by delimiters - special symbols such as whitespace (decided by the programmer).

For example, if I decide to use whitespace (space, newline, tab, ...) as separators, then tokenizing the string "Every good boy deserves favor" results in the following tokens:
Everygoodboydeservesfavor 

I wanna work for Microsoft!
Wow, and there me thinking token was when you had finnished your bong
Thanks Oluseyi! I think I got the idea.
And by the way, Who doesn´t want to work in Microsoft??
Trying to start a new trend by triple-posting
-- Supercytro
quote:Original post by Ignacio Liverotti

You''d be surprised at how vehemently opposed a lot of people are to that lovable, cuddly-wuddly firmie-wirmie called Microsoftie-woftie...

*ahem*

quote:Original post by Oluseyi
Original post by Ignacio Liverotti

You''d be surprised at how vehemently opposed a lot of people are to that lovable, cuddly-wuddly firmie-wirmie called Microsoftie-woftie…

*ahem*

During a co-op placement round, I missed a message that said I had a job interview with MS. But because the interviewer was so impressed by my resume, she was going to give me a phone interview. Problem was that she went on vacation the day of.

Plus they don''t pay that much.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement