• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
FishingCactus

Algo-Bot: 24 hours to do better than the last time on Kickstarter

This topic is 1408 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi Guys!

Algo-Bot hits Kickstarter for the second time this year. Last time was a complete failure but we learned from it and we hope to succeed this time.

Based on our observations we know that we have 24 hours to get as much backers as we can. Because Kickstarter is not about money but about backers! Backers are the key! So, every backer helps even if you back a single little dollar!

You don’t want to back our project? That’s just fine! Maybe you could share it around you and let potential backers the possibility to discover the game

Kickstarter link: bit.ly/1uEHxbv

Thank you!

Cheers,

Sophie

vue_proche.png

vue_ensemble.png

Advertisement

Update: After nearly 22 hours we have 103 backers and are 6% funded. To be a success we should have 10% and something like 250 backers after that 24 hours. Seems like we can't compete with that Potato Salad on Kickstarter! :( 

Update: Not sure anyone cares but we had our 10% that's awesome! Now we are at 12%! It's not huge but I think the conversion is good:  1/8 visitors back our game. Quite good don't you think?

You are half right, you need a lot of backers, but you need those backers to donate a lot of money too. The first 24 hours mean nothing either as I've seen several kickstarters suddenly get a flurry of backers in the last days of the campaign. The biggest reason a kickstarter fails is insufficient promotion. I think last time we talked you said you had announced it on about four or so sites, but if you want tons of backers you have to announce it in EVERY site you know as well as sites where gamers are (IGN, Sony, Xbox, etc. to promote it to those interested). You have to use the full campaign and do nothing but promote it from one end of the web to the other.

Thanks!

I did it :) I talk about my game to more than 3,000 game websites worldwide. Unfortunately, according to my stats, game website don't bring a lot of backers. Social networking and word-of-mouth are more important. So, the key to the success stills the community you built behind the game :) 

Seems like you'll fail one more time! smile.png But now we know that the problem comes from the game

Well I tend to differ, I think it is more about "game" being niche, current game is making it hard to sympathize from gamer perspective, it looks more like educational title.

Maybe you should invest more time in making Algobot part of education system in Belgium and other countries, possibly streching to things like electronics (logic gates etc)

Seems like you'll fail one more time! smile.png But now we know that the problem comes from the game

Well I tend to differ, I think it is more about "game" being niche, current game is making it hard to sympathize from gamer perspective, it looks more like educational title.

Maybe you should invest more time in making Algobot part of education system in Belgium and other countries, possibly streching to things like electronics (logic gates etc)

Interesting! We'll see what's possible to do on that side! Thanks

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!