Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gladiator

If you have "Teach Yourself Game Programming In 21 Days" by Lamothe please respond

I had the book years ago, and I took it to a friends house and left it there by mistake. Two days later he denied I ever brought the book over.

Man that made me mad; I paid a ton of moeny (at the time) for a book. I learned alot from it, but I only had time to read up to like the third chapter. Grrrr!

That''s a lot of data! Maybe you should look for someone in your locale that has the book with CD (highly unlikely, though, given how "old" it is).

I gave mine away.

You might also want to try Tricks of the Game Programming Gurus (which I also gave away).

I wanna work for Microsoft!

Well, I have all of Lamothe''s books.

Teach yourself game programming, the old Tricks, the black art of 3d, the dummies for windows, and the new tricks. I got them all. The last two i bough new ones since they were pretty new at the time, but the others I bought used not long ago. All the used came with CD except the first one, and that''s why I''m looking for the CD, if someone has it please respond. I have a cable modem and the transfer will be pretty fast. If someone can upload a copy to their server or maybe send me a copy through mail. (or for now at least send me the imagery and source code, without the music). Most of the imagery is PCX format so it''s not that big. And the source codes are not too big themselves. Plus I need the compiled EXEs of all the source code.

BTW, RIGHT NOW, I need the shuttle.exe program that''s somewhere on the CD, I think it''s in chapter 4. If someone can upload it somewhere for me to get, that''d be great. Maybe we can discuss sending the other stuff afterwards, but for now I need only shuttle.exe.

Thank you!

You can get the whole day here.
As far as the whole cd, I'd be willing to transfer it to you some how. I have a cable modem too so if you'd like to we can set up the exact details. The whole cd is only 72mb uncompressed and 30 zipped so that wouldn't be too bad I think.

L8r

-------------------
"Pointer?????"
-Anonymous

-=Xelius=-

Edited by - xelius on November 4, 2001 9:56:07 PM

Great,

I''m really glad that someone is willing to do this HUGE!! favor for me. Let me say thank you!

Ok, yeah 73MB is not that bad, even uncompressed. If you compress it that should be a lot smaller I suppose. Maybe 20MB or so.

Let me ask you this, do you have ICQ, AIM, or any other chatting program so we can discuss the rest of the details?

Once agian, Thanks a TON!

-Viktor