• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DX7SDK DirectDraw tutorials No.6 problem!

This topic is 5956 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------- // Name: DDOverlayInit() // Desc: Setup the overlay object //----------------------------------------------------------------------------- int DDOverlayInit() { DDSURFACEDESC2 ddsd; // DirectDraw surface descriptor HRESULT hRet; // I'm not even going to try... DDPIXELFORMAT ddpfOverlayFormat = // The pixel format that we want the surface to be in { sizeof(DDPIXELFORMAT), DDPF_RGB, 0, 16, 0xF800, 0x07e0, 0x001F, // 16 bit RGB 5:6:5 0 }; // Setup the overlay surface's attributes in the surface descriptor memset(&ddsd, 0, sizeof(ddsd)); ddsd.dwSize = sizeof(ddsd); ddsd.dwFlags = DDSD_CAPS | DDSD_HEIGHT | DDSD_WIDTH | DDSD_PIXELFORMAT; ddsd.ddsCaps.dwCaps = DDSCAPS_OVERLAY | DDSCAPS_VIDEOMEMORY; ddsd.dwWidth = BMAPX; ddsd.dwHeight = BMAPY; ddsd.ddpfPixelFormat = ddpfOverlayFormat; // Use 16 bit RGB 5:6:5 pixel format // Attempt to create the surface with theses settings hRet = g_pDD->CreateSurface(&ddsd, &g_pDDSOverlay, NULL); if (hRet != DD_OK) return FALSE; return TRUE; } ----------------------------------------------------------- CreateSurface() return : DDERR_INVALIDPIXELFORMAT /* * pixel format was invalid as specified */ how to solve it? if I delete the "DDSD_PIXELFORMAT" flag, it return : DDERR_NOOVERLAYHW /* * Operation could not be carried out because there is no overlay hardware * present or available. */ but my hardware support OVERLAY and OVERLAYSTRETCH.(dwCaps Viewer report it to me.) why? thank father mother and my friends. Edited by - genjuro_lyb on November 4, 2001 9:34:32 PM

Advertisement

• Advertisement