Simple source for a newbie would be nice

Started by
4 comments, last by 23yrold3yrold 22 years, 5 months ago
Hullo. Is there a nice simple sample platform game with source out there? I''m working on my own engine, but I could use a little help getting the collision detection with different kinds of tile right (slopes, etc.). Here''s a page with examples of what I mean, but it''s more for overhead RPG''s; I want a platformer like Super Mario Bros 3: http://members.tripod.com/danielh7/tutorial.html So what I want is a nice small source file with the algorithm spelt out for me. I''m making progress myself, but not very quickly, and since I probably won''t have a chance to continue work on it for a few days, I thought I''d ask about it here and see if anyone could come up with something in that time. Thanks for any help you can give. Chris Barry

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

Advertisement
im in the same exact boat myself, almost word for word exactly. I have done so much so far, I just need some help on this part.

except, lets not have completely allegro examples

Edited by - Ferinorius on November 6, 2001 3:54:28 PM
well lesson 3 on that page has tut about walkability

"I pity the fool, thug, or soul who tries to take over the world, then goes home crying to his momma."
- Mr. T
quote:except, lets not have completely allegro examples
WHy not? So easy to translate to other API''s.
quote:well lesson 3 on that page has tut about walkability
Not my kinda walkability

Chris Barry

Your userbame will need to be changed when you turn 24. or to 24yearold23yearold3yearold
--------------------------I present for tribute this haiku:Inane Ravings OfThe Haunting JubilationA Mad Engineer©Copyright 2005 ExtrariusAll Rights Reserved
No, it stays as is or I''ll be changing it every year. For example, I''m now 25 .....

Chris Barry

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement