Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headhunter

Creating Transparent TGA in Photoshop

Hi ! I kow, my silly questions suck, but though..... here it goes : I want to draw transparent textures. In fact I want to have 1 Bit for Alpha. I set these renderstates to go : m_lpD3DDevice->SetRenderState( D3DRS_ALPHABLENDENABLE, on); m_lpD3DDevice->SetRenderState( D3DRS_SRCBLEND, D3DBLEND_SRCALPHA ); m_lpD3DDevice->SetRenderState( D3DRS_DESTBLEND, D3DBLEND_INVSRCALPHA ); They work perfectly ! I use the TGAs from the DirectX8 Sdk and it draws them transparent, great ! But now I use my own TGAs and : NOTHING transparent :-( The strange thing about that is, when I use additive blending : m_lpD3DDevice->SetRenderState( D3DRS_SRCBLEND, D3DBLEND_ONE ); m_lpD3DDevice->SetRenderState( D3DRS_DESTBLEND, D3DBLEND_ONE ); The black pieces get away.., but as it is additive, the picture "overbrightens" Do you know a way to create TGAs with Alphachannel in Photoshop ?? Thx in advance & have a nice day ;-)

Open Photoshop. Make a new RGB image. Click on the channels palette. Click on the add new channel icon (its right next to the trash can on the channel palette). This adds a new black alpha channel. Click on the channel labeled apha, and you can edit it as necessary. You must save as tga to preserve alpha.

quote:
Original post by invective
Open Photoshop. Make a new RGB image. Click on the channels palette. Click on the add new channel icon (its right next to the trash can on the channel palette). This adds a new black alpha channel. Click on the channel labeled apha, and you can edit it as necessary. You must save as tga to preserve alpha.

Greetz to usa :
Thx works fine !!!

Bye !

quote:
Original post by invective

Alternately, save it as a PNG and the image file will be MUCH smaller.

Stay Casual,

Ken
Drunken Hyena