Word game problem

Started by
1 comment, last by hossainiir 9 years, 8 months ago

Hi everyone,

I have created a word game(in persian) that in this game player has a 6x6 table with random chars on each cells(this random chars are weighted ).In Farsi(?????) language we have a lots of meaningful 2 and 3 character words so with weighted random chars in table player can find lots of 2 and 3 char word but bigger word appear rarely in table.

The problem is that what method I must use to put bigger word in the table??

Thanks, excuse for bad English.

???? ?? ??? ????

Persian Gulf

Advertisement

You usually have a big list of words, and then you try to use some algorithm to randomly fit those in and hope you get something useful out of it.

You should google for "crossword generation algorithm" or similar because that problem is related, although you have additional constraints (the 6x6 table size limit)

From what I could find, people were using simple algorithms to try an place words in positions where they fit to make a puzzle, but generating multiple of them and choosing the best one as the result (one that is dense and square shaped)

Of course, you can also manually construct the puzzles but I dont know if that works for your game.

o3o

Thanks,

You usually have a big list of words, and then you try to use some algorithm to randomly fit those in and hope you get something useful out of it.

Yes I have this library.

I must say that in this game player find a meaningful word in table and then chars of selected cells must replace with new ones.

???? ?? ??? ????

Persian Gulf

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement