Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGmeiner

Deriving a Control from an other Control

PGmeiner    122
Hello, i have the following problem, i want to create my own Control via a ATL-Com Dll. Let''s say that this control is the Base-Control(up to here everything works fine). Then i want to create an another Control which is derived from the Base-Control and is a spezialized Variant of the Base-Control. Now the question is, is that possible when yes, how can I do it?? Perhaps anybody does know more about this topic or knows sources where i can get help. Thanks in advance Peter Gmeiner

PGmeiner    122
My idea is that i want create a control which i can use in many different application. But now I had a case in which i will combine that control with a Dll, so that i get a spezialized control (including function-calls and data from the Dll) for the application i will use this. The spezialized control is only for a special application. I cannot implement the normal control because the application is programmed in Visual Basic and on this level to combine the Dll and the control is really horrible and not very clean.

Peter Gmeiner

Shannon Barber    1681
You could make an ActiveX control, they can be used from nearly every language, and they are packaged into dlls.

Using the ActiveX control is painless - write it is not.

I would create a second seperate object that manipulate the control and accesses the functions/data in the dll for the specialized case. Have the new class take a pointer to the control to manipulate (if it''s in VB you can use an object reference)

Magmai Kai Holmlor
- Not For Rent