I need a 2D graphic engine to create a virtual world

Started by
6 comments, last by Servant of the Lord 9 years, 8 months ago

Hey, I’m making a virtual world. The game will be 2D and will be on a website. the graphics will be as good as other games like yoville If you can google it) So what graphic program should I go with? The graphics have to be suitable to create the game and also create items and clothing with animations if needed. Also the items in the game need to look very good.

Ps my English is horrible I know but I’ve only been learning English for 3 months. Also I know some people say it’s up to you but I really don’t care and don’t have any sources that can lead me to some good programs for graphics. Thanks for your time,

Rob

Advertisement

The title of the thread means you are looking for a 2D engine (i.e. a runtime), but the text of the opening post means that you're looking for a 2D content creation program. So ... what are you exactly looking for?

EDIT: If it is a content creation tool, then you need to specify your working environment, e.g. what operating system you want the tools to run on.

Hello, i don't understand because my english is horrible. Anyway i dont mind what it is but just so it can create the game and also create good looking items that are shiny, sleek and basically awesome items. I don't mind if it's a content create program program or a runtime. WHatever works best with virtual worlds and makes the items look realish. I'm thinking of making the virtual world in javascript if that helps but if theres better programs out there for coding for the game please let me know. thanks so much

Check out phaser

It's an HTML game engine, including graphic calls. You'll have to create the content yourself, but phaser allows you to turn the content (ie, images, animations, etc.) into a game that can run on a browser.

My Gamedev Journal: 2D Game Making, the Easy Way

---(Old Blog, still has good info): 2dGameMaking
-----
"No one ever posts on that message board; it's too crowded." - Yoga Berra (sorta)

The graphics will be as good as other games like yoville.
Also the items in the game need to look very good.

Your game's graphic quality depends far more on the quality of the art you draw, then on the "engine" you use. smile.png

Games require artwork to be added to the game, and that determines the appearance of your game far more than what engine you use.

So what graphic program should I go with? The graphics have to be suitable to create the game and also create items and clothing with animations if needed.

Almost any graphics API will work. You still have to program your game's logic, and you still need to make great artwork. "Engines" don't come with your game's art already made. You have to make (or buy) art, or hire artists. You have to program logic, or hire programmers.

Making an online multiplayer game is alot of work. You should practice by making a smaller single-player game first, and use it as a stepping stone to your larger project. This will save you time in the long run.

Thanks for the help everyone, I'm thinking of using java script to code the game? Is that ok?

I have a question about phaser. Can you make graphics like yoville in it??

I have a question about phaser. Can you make graphics like yoville in it??

It can probably *display* graphics like YoVille, if you can yourself draw YoVille-style graphics or hire someone to draw YoVille-style graphics for you.

I'm thinking of using java script to code the game? Is that ok?

Yes.

Making an online multiplayer game is alot of work. You should practice by making a smaller single-player game first, and use it as a stepping stone to your larger project. This will save you time in the long run.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement